Welcome to the Maxwell Intermediate School Website!
It is our desire to make this site relevant and helpful to our students, parents, faculty, patrons, and visitors. We are very excited about the opportunities that the intermediate “tier” will provide ALL of our students. We encourage you to check back often for frequent updates so that you may stay current on what is happening in your child’s education.
Should you have a question about something, please feel free to call the office at 317.326.3121.
Jobie Whitaker, Principal
Support Our School:
- Parent Letter Link
- Use Code: 8981
- This is active through May 2019; happy shopping.
- SCHOOL HOURS: Student day 7:50 AM – 2:10 PM and office hours from 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM
- NEWS: Please see our “News” tab above for other news and opportunities around MIS, GC, and the local community.
- DROP OFF: Classes start at 7:50 a.m. Doors to parent drop-off at Door 10 open at 7:40. Please use parent entrance off of CR 500 North. Click here for a map.
- TRANSPORTATION: Don’t forget to update your child’s transportation information using School Dismissal Manager. Please make changes by 1:30 to ensure that your child is properly notified of changes. Click here for Parent Instructions.
- BREAKFAST: We are pleased to offer a Grab and Go style breakfast to students this year.
- SHOP ONLINE: Support our school. Simply go to www.schoolstore.com, select our school and let the shopping begin!! Feel free to share with family members and friends.
May 22nd: Incoming 4th Grade Parent Meeting (6:30pm – MIS Cafeteria)
May 23rd: Incoming 7th Grade Parent Meeting (7:00pm – GCJHS)
May 30th: End of Year Awards
– 4th Grade 8:15AM– 9:00AM
– 5th Grade 9:15 – 10:00AM
– 6th Grade 12:15 – 12:45PM
Lunch Times for Last Day: (Please note that these times are changed from normal times to accommodate awards and 6th Grade Celebration)
– 4th Grade: 11:05-11:35
– 5th Grade: 10:30-11:00
– 6th Grade: 11:40-12:10 (We purchase only enough pizza for the students on this date. If you plan to eat with a 6th grader on this date, please plan ahead by bringing your own lunch)