1.Sixth Grade Chromebooks: All of the bags have been received. Students started making use of these on Thursday during the school day. We have completed our training regarding expectations for use of the bags. Therefore, the Chromebooks were sent home today with the students.
2. Book Rental: If you still owe book rental, please get this paid as soon as possible. If you have questions, please contact Mrs. Yeager at 326-3121.
3. Labor Day: School will NOT be in sessionon Monday. Enjoy your three day weekend!!
4. School Photos: These were sent home with your child on Tuesday afternoon. Picture re-takes will take place on September 27th.
5. Student ID Cards: We received these from Lifetouch and sent them home with students today. 4th/5th graders: these are for them to keep. 6th graders will use these in their new Chromebook bags to help with ease of identification.
6. Spring ISTEP/Beginning of Year NWEA Results: These reports will be in the Parent Portal on Tuesday, Sept. 5. If you would like a paper copy of either, please contact the office at 317-326-3121.
7. Fall Book Fair/Literacy Night: The book fair will be open September 18-22nd. Mrs. Elsbury is in need of volunteers to help out. If you are interested, please email her at email@example.com sign up. The book fair will also be open during our Family Literacy night on Tuesday, September 19th from 6:30-7:30PM.
8. Hurricane Harvey Relief Effort – The MIS & GIS K-Kids are heading up a Hurricane Harvey relief effort to help support those affected by the storm. We have partnered with MidWest Food Bank and The Salvation Army to help make this happen! We are asking for donations by the end of the day Friday, September 8th so they may be delivered to those families in need the following day. Any items donated must be new, not used, items. Items we are requesting include:
–Keeping up with the latest at MIS:
– MIS Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maxwell-Intermediate-School/1629450274010778
– MIS Event Calendar: This will be updated throughout the year.
– MIS website: http://mis.gcsc.k12.in.us (The “Team Pages” Link for latest homework, etc)
– MIS PTO Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Maxwell.Intermediate.PTO.gcsc.in.us
– MIS PTO Email Contact: MaxwellPTO.firstname.lastname@example.org
– MIS Twitter Feeds (#proud2bMIS, #MISgotchas):
Mrs. Greulich: @MIS_AsstPrin
Mrs. Deom: @deom_laura
Mr. Gilman: @MrGilman_MIS
Mrs. Hall: @mrs__hall_
Mrs. Heller: @klh181967
Mrs. Herron: @MrsHerronMIS
Mrs. Tilley: @ajdctilley
Mr. Berrier: @BerrierScott
Mrs. Wayne: @wayne5th
Mrs. Blasdel: @Mrs_Blasdel
Mr. Cooper: @hangwithcooper6
Mrs. Glant: @MrsGlant
Mrs. Proper: @kristine_proper
Miss Strifler: @MissStriflerMIS
Mrs. Muehl: @MissMuehlArt
Mrs. Reynolds: @GCSCArtTeach
Mrs. Fletcher: @FletchComputers
Mrs. Beuoy: @MrsBeuoy
Mrs. Leliaert: (MIS Math Coach): @lleliaert
Mrs. Wright (MIS Literacy Coach): @rachellew67
September 4th: Labor Day (No School)
September 11th: PTO Fundraiser Kick-Off
September 14th: PTO Meeting – 2:30pm in the Library
September 18th: Required Bus Evacuation Drills (After School – expect a slight delay in arrival times)
September 18th-22nd: Fall Book Fair
September 19th: Family Literacy Night (6:30-7:30pm) – Book Fair will be open
September 27th: Picture Re-Takes
September 28th: K-Kids Meeting (7:00am)
November 15th: Family STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) Night
**School student day 7:50 AM - 2:10 PM and office hours from 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM
*Please see our "News" tab above for other news and opportunities around MIS, GC, and the local community.
** Weekly editions of the 2017/2018 Principal's Update are now posted under "MIS News."
-Classes start at 7:50 a.m. Doors to parent drop-off at Door 10 open at 7:40. Please use parent entrance off of CR 500 North.
-Don't forget to update your child's transportation information using School Dismissal Manager. Please make changes by 1:30 to ensure that your child is properly notified of changes.
-We are pleased to offer a Grab and Go style breakfast to students this year.
SHOP ONLINE: Support our school. Simply go to www.schoolstore.com, select our school and let the shopping begin!! Feel free to share with family members and friends.
April 23rd: ISTEP Part 2 Begins
May 3rd: Student Council Meeting - 7:00am
May 4th: MIS Variety Show
May 7th: 6th Grade Kid's Talk Program
May 8th: Incoming 4th Grade (Current 3rd Graders) Parent Night @ MIS - 6:30-7:30
May 9th: 4th Grade Famous Hoosiers Presentations
May 10th: MIS PTO Meeting - Library 2:30pm
May 15th: Incoming 7th Grade (current 6th Graders) Parent Night @ GCJHS - 7:00-8:00pm
May 25th: 4th Grade Field Trip to Conner Prairie
May 31st: Last Day of School/Awards
July 25th: 5th Grade Meet the Teacher Night/Open House 6:30-7:30pm
July 26th: 6th Grade Meet the Teacher Night/Open House 6:30-7:30pm
July 30th: 4th Grade Meet the Teacher Night/Open House 6:30-7:30pm