We would like to welcome everybody to the 2017-18 school year. We hope that you have had an enjoyable summer and are looking forward to returning. We have been working hard to get prepared for the upcoming school year and wanted to share some information with you in preparation for your return. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the office at (317)326-3121. The office will officially open Tuesday, July 18th at 8:00am.1. Maxwell Drop off/Pick up Information: Again this year, you will enter the drive west of the football field off of 500 North. The drop off point will be located at the northeast doors (Gym). You will loop around and exit onto 500 North. If it is a possibility, we would encourage as many of you to head west on 500 North to eliminate some of the congestion on State Road 9. In addition, the drive on the far north of our property (in past years this was the entry for drop-off/pick-up) is now for bus traffic only. There should be no parent traffic on this drive.2. 2017-18 Supply List3. Registration Information – https://powerschool.gcsc.k12
.in.us/public/– For CURRENT GC Students, online registration will open on Thursday, July 20th for the 2017-18 school year through PowerSchool. To register your student(s), logon to the PowerSchool parent portal, access your parent account, and follow the prompts.
**Once registered, you should have access to your child’s schedule, locker number and combination. Pleasebe sure to print this or write it down to cut down on the lines during open house.
– For students NEW TO GC (please spread the word to any of your new neighbors with school-aged children), we will be open for walk in registrations on Thursday, July 20th from 12:00-7:00 p.m.4. Textbook Fees2017-18 school year (Amount listed below INCLUDES Consumable FEE)4th – $116.145th – $123.156th – $121.97– Textbook Rental: We would like to remind you that book rental payment is due no later than the first day of school. If you are on deferred payment, then the due date will be September 15th this year. At this time, we are not able to take online payment; therefore, we will have staff available to collect payment (cash or check) during open house should you like to take advantage of this opportunity. Otherwise, please send with your child on the first day of school.
5. 2017-18 Open House/Meet the Teacher Nights
On this evening, you will meet your child’s teachers. Your child will also have the opportunity to practice opening lockers and place items in them should they desire to do so. Again, we encourage you to print or hand write your locker number/combo as well as your schedule to save yourself from standing in line waiting during the open house event.
–4th/5th Grade parents, please note that there is no formal presentation per se on either of these evenings. Therefore, if you can’t make it until the last 15-20 minutes, you will still get the same opportunity to see the building/classrooms and meet the teachers.– 6th grade parents, we will have information presented regarding the 1 to 1 computer program starting this year. You can view this at either 6:45 or7:15 in your child’s homeroom classroom.4th Grade: 6:30-7:30pm Monday, July 31st5th Grade: 6:30-7:30pm Wednesday, July 26th6th Grade: 6:30-7:30pm Thursday, July 27th
6. Volunteer Forms-
– Click on the red apply button in the upper right hand corner once you are on the above page.
-If you plan to attend a field trip at any time during the year or volunteer in your child’s classroom, we would encourage you to complete this as soon as possible. If you have not completed and passed this background check, you will not be able to participate in these events. It is at no cost to you so if you even remotely believe you might like to help out, please do this now. There is nothing worse than telling you in May that you cannot go on a trip with your child because this process has not been completed. Again, please take care of this now.7. Medical Information – http://www.gcsc.k12.in.us/?p
age_id=590-Please check the link above for the latest on immunization and medical plan information.8. 2017-18 Corporation School Calendar
9. 2017-18 MIS Parent Event Calendar https://www.google.co
m/calendar/embed?src=students. gcsc.k12.in.us_uoqqb9rge2sh7nk bamntfjpit4%40group.calendar.g oogle.com&ctz=America/New_York
The link above will allow you to view our most up-to-date calendar. It will update as changes/additions are made throughout the year.
10. Keeping up with the latest at MIS:
– MIS Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pag
– MIS website: http://mis.gcsc.k12.i
n.us (The “Team Pages” Link for latest homework, etc)
– MIS PTO Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Maxw
– MIS PTO Email Contact: MaxwellPTO.firstname.lastname@example.org
– MIS Twitter Feeds (#proud2bMIS, #MISgotchas):
Mrs. Greulich: @MIS_AsstPrin
Mrs. Deom: @deom_laura
Mr. Gilman: @MrGilman_MIS
Mrs. Hall: @mrs__hall_
Mrs. Heller: @klh181967Mrs. Herron: @MrsHerronMIS
Mrs. Tilley: @ajdctilley
Mr. Berrier: @BerrierScott
Mrs. Wayne: @wayne5th
Mrs. Blasdel: @Mrs_Blasdel
Mr. Cooper: @hangwithcooper6
Mrs. Glant: @MrsGlant
Mrs. Proper: @kristine_proper
Miss Strifler: @MissStriflerMIS
Mrs. Muehl: @MissMuehlArt
Mrs. Reynolds: @GCSCArtTeach
Mrs. Fletcher: @FletchComputers
Mrs. Beuoy: @MrsBeuoy
Mrs. Leliaert: (MIS Math Coach): @lleliaert
Mrs. Wright (MIS Literacy Coach): @rachellew67
11. Additional Upcoming Dates:First Day Of School–August 2nd will be a gold day (Non-Related Arts Day)Picture Day
**School student day 7:50 AM - 2:10 PM and office hours from 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM
*Please see our "News" tab above for other news and opportunities around MIS, GC, and the local community.
** Weekly editions of the 2017/2018 Principal's Update are now posted under "MIS News."
-Classes start at 7:50 a.m. Doors to parent drop-off at Door 10 open at 7:40. Please use parent entrance off of CR 500 North.
-Don't forget to update your child's transportation information using School Dismissal Manager. Please make changes by 1:30 to ensure that your child is properly notified of changes.
-We are pleased to offer a Grab and Go style breakfast to students this year.
SHOP ONLINE: Support our school. Simply go to www.schoolstore.com, select our school and let the shopping begin!! Feel free to share with family members and friends.
September 27th: Picture Re-Takes
September 28th: K-Kids Meeting (7:00am)
October 25th: PTO "Dine to Donate" @ Dairy Queen (4-7pm)
October 28th: PTO Fall Fest (2-4pm)
November 15th: Family STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) Night